Tuesday, April 7, 2009

When life hands you snow, make S'Mores!


Kitchen campfire cooking at its best, using a fondue fork and an oven mitt that has obviously seen much better days.

The kids didn't even noticed that I replaced graham crackers with arrowroot cookies. Evidently, we're not S'More purists here.
Or, perhaps that just proves food does taste better cooked over an open flame.


When I tried to take photos of after-school snack time (I'm usually an apple slices and yogurt kinda mum, really) my chocolate covered taste-testers ran shrieking from the kitchen, sticky fingers and all.

Of course, once I put the camera away, they came back for seconds.

Guess snowy spring days on the farm aren't so miserable after all.

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

What a wonderful mommy to come home to! I have no doubt that thirty years from now you will hear your kids saying, "Do you remember when Mum made us S'Mores in the open cookstove fire as an after school treat?" Your children are blessed.

fiona@fionacampbell.ca said...

Thanks, Mama Pea :) I'll re-visit your comment when I'm having one of those not-so-wonderful-mummy moments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails