Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Me, versatile?


Lori over at Little Scotia was kind enough to award me with the Versatile Blogger award -- how lovely!

I've never won a blog award before, but I guess there are some "rules" that go along with accepting this.

Rule #1. Link back to the person who gave you the award. See above.

Rule #2. Share seven things that folks may not know about you. I'll get to that in a minute.

Rule #3. Name other bloggers you would like to see win this award.

My seven things:

1.) I'm an only child. I always wanted brothers and sisters growing up but as an adult, I enjoy my alone time and get overwhelmed if I spend too much time with other people outside my immediate family.

2.) I love British mysteries. Love them. My fiction shelves are stacked with titles from Agatha Christie, PD James, Ruth Rendell, Colin Dexter, Caroline Graham, WJ Burley, etc. I'm a big fan of British mysteries movies, too -- I've got stacks of Rosemary & Thyme, Midsomer Murders, Morse, Sherlock Homes, Marple, etc. Lucas often jokes I have the viewing habits of an 80-year-old woman. He may have a point, especially as I often drink tea and knit while watching ones of these DVDs.

3.) I hate to buy things for myself, unless I'm shopping at a thrift store, which I find great fun. That said, I usually spend as much money on books that I do on clothes.

4.) I was given a guitar when I was 16 and I loved it. But back then I was more into the idea of playing the guitar than actually practicing. I sold it to a friend when I was 18. I still regret it.

5.) Some people say I laugh like Alan Alda. I like that. His laugh always makes me smile.

6.) When I was a teenager, I truly believed I was born into the wrong time. I wanted to be a sixties flower child, blissing out at Woodstock and writing bad poetry in Haight-Ashbury.

7.) I have an intense phobia of loose teeth.

Sharing the love:

While there are loads of blogs that I read -- and love -- I'd like to pass on this award to just two people who I've been following since I first started this madcap blogging adventure:

• Erin at Garden now - think later!

• Mama Pea at A Home Grown Journal

These ladies are always teaching me something new, they inspire me, make me laugh and both serve as wonderful and supportive sounding boards for my rants, ramblings and reflections.

Thank you again, Lori!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Why, thank you! I find YOU inspirational and love reading about you doing all the things I want to someday. I LOVE Alan Alda's laugh, that's fantastic! :)

Mama Pea said...

Omigosh, Fiona, I am honored but do not feel worthy. Erin's right; you're the one who gives me regular boosts and information and ideas and . . . and . . . and! Here's hoping we all blog on for a long, long time and continue to support each other. Thanks again, Friend!

Lori-Grace said...

yay! Blog awards are a bit of fun :)
~Lori

Related Posts with Thumbnails